Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow! Cold!


The words for this week here in Virginia are SNOW! and COLD!

Anticipating the snow Tuesday evening, I pulled out the crock pot and filled it with chicken.  By the time the snow arrived the chicken and dumplings were ready.  Oh and how good they made the house smelled. I opened up a handy roll of Grands biscuits and popped them in the oven while I dished out the good stuff in bowls.




I set the table with, what else, snowmen.  I love my snowmen napkin rings.  I wish I had gotten more than two but that was all that was left when I found them a few years ago.  Notice too, my cute Thirty-one Carry All.  It's perfect for napkins.  The snowmen pattern was only available for a short time.




I love snowmen but I do not love snow or cold!  I will be staying in and working from home until this mess goes away.

Even my snowman flag is dressed for the tropics.

The chicken and dumplings were good and warmed us up.  We had some apple cake for dessert.  No pictures of that.  Gobbled up before I remembered to snap a shot.

Stay warm peeps!

Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! I believe that bowl of Chicken and Dumplins was in my spot... ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than chicken and dumplings on a cold Winter day. They look delicious. Love decorating with Snowmen too ... so enjoyable for Christmas and Winter months that follow.
    Blessings,
    Audrey. Z @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken and dumplings are one of our favorite dishes. Great for a cold winters day! Your snowmen napkin rings are so cute. I've left the snowmen in my bedroom till the end of Feb. The rest have been put away and replaced with Valentines décor.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete