Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kitchen Changes

Needing a change to start the new year, I did some rearranging in my kitchen. 
Instead of using the old farm table for hubby and myself to dine at, I decided to try the table as an island.
I love this table and each dent, scratch and imperfection.  It has character.  You know as soon as you see it that it's an antique and been well used throughout the years.
We purchased a bench from Pier 1 Imports to use with it last year.   It's now in front of the window making a cozy vignette with two old crocks. 
The iron table and chairs we're using for now we're on the front porch.  The tablecloth and curtains came from Target a few years ago.  They are a Waverly print.  I love them in the colder months.  They give the kitchen a warm feeling.  I love the roses and the colors.
I love baskets too.  The two red ones belonged to my grandmother.  Red was her favorite color.  Sugar uses one for her bed with the toile pillow to soften it up.  Not so sure grandma would have wanted a dog in her basket but...
So far I'm liking the changes.  The farm table gives us more work space.  The kitchen has a  french country feel to it now.
Changes for the new year...so far so good.

Happy New Year!

Cindy


See my bundled up girls in the window?  They came from Target.  Remind me
of my girls.



Here's the bench from Pier 1.  I'm suddenly loving trays.  I picked this pretty
one up at Goodwill before the holidays for under $3.
Only got 4 of these dishes at Cracker Barrel last year.
Wish I'd got more pieces to the set.
My daughter gave me this cute sign for Christmas.  It matches so well!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I love to cozy up a space for the colder months and you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete