Thursday, July 1, 2010

Some of My Favorite Things

Well, thought I'd share a picture today that shows several of my favorite things.  I love china patterns, especially with roses, anything PINK, and wicker!



This tea set is part of a large set I have had since I was young.  My Mom started collecting this china for me.  It was one of those sets you could buy a piece of each week at the grocery store.  I loved blue and knew even then that I wanted china!  Mom started out planning to only purchase the teapot, sugar and creamer but she got carried away.  She eventually purchased enough pieces that I have more than an eight place setting and several serving pieces too!  We had fun looking forward to each week to see which piece was the special of the week.  I have collected other china patterns but this one will always be closests to my heart.  It isn't extremely valuable.  We've picked up pieces at garage sales and such.  To me it's priceless because of how hard my Mom worked to save and buy each piece and of the fun we had.  Good thing I still love blue and flowers!
I got this topiary many years ago at a local florist shop.  I was hoping to get two just alike for my mantel but they didn't have enough of the roses or another planter like this one.  I have used it all over the house.


Don't these little ladies look like they're having fun at their tea party?  My oldest daughter, Kristi, gave me this little statue for a birthday present a few years ago.  I just love it.  I have several of these little ladies now, each doing something different.  They're so sweet and of course, I think of my sweet Kristi every time I look at these ladies!

I don't know if you can see it well in this picture but the lace table cover here has teapots and teacups made throughout it.  It's really made for one of those round cardboard tables as an overlay.  I've put it over lots of tables and used it many ways too.

Lastly, is this wicker chest of drawers.  I absolutely love wicker. It's so versatile.  This piece has been in a bedroom, the front porch and now in the dining room keeping extra placemats and tablecloths safe.

Well, that's a little about some of my favorites.  Let me know what your favorites are!

Until next time, have a safe and happy evening!

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment